Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Manyzer

That day a client called, very nicely at the beginning, and slowly started to confront me with a series of yes or no questions, and I was caught in a situation where some of the answers were contradicting.  And I realised that the client was well prepared and most likely had rehearsed the scripts before calling up.  True enough.. after the interrogation he shouted ,"Why your system like that!!! Do you think it's fair!!!"

Put myself in his shoes, I think it's not very fair, so I apologised and he knew what comes next and he said,"I don't want any refund, I want to speak to your manager, I want an explanation!! NOW!"

I know he is not scolding me, he merely wants his grievances be heard by the in-charge and he wants to hear something assuring from the higher authority.  In situation like this, holding him up will only worsen the atmoshpere, so...

------------------------------------

I approached my manager.. and he started grumbling..
"Obviously he is wrong ma.. he has to follow the system not the system follow him.."
"I told my manager,"..but other system is not like that one le.."
"Other system lenient but they cannot take it for granted.. 
"But I feel a bit too rigid like that.."
"You tell him la.. too bad lor tell him next time do it otherwise lor"
"But I think he has a point le.."
"No la somemore he is a lousy client.. no case la.."
"But.."
"Aiya.. What he wants now?!!"
"He wants to speak to you la! You are the manager ma!"

------------------------------------

Reluctant but no choice, my manager took over the call.
"Hi xxx, how can I assist you today?"
"$%#$@^%&^&"
"Oh I see I see.. yes yes.. you have a point, so sorry about it, we will give you a refund as we can see that you have been a loyal and good client of us over the years, and we thank you for your valuable feedback!"

------------------------------------

HAHAHAHA!!!! I've to cover my mouth with both hands, or else not only my manager can hear, I think the client also can hear.  Really KNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment