1) What is a calzone?
- *A turnover made of pizza dough / A Swedish casserole dish / A rissoto with squid
2) To saute a dish, means to?
- *Fry quickly in hot pan / Boil in hot water / Add final touches
3) New York Style pizza are generally?
- *Thin crust / Deep dish / Square
4) What is the most expensive spice in the world?
- Pure Vanilla / *Saffron / Cardamom
5) Which sauce is typically used in the dish Eggs Benedict?
- BBQ sauce / *Hollandaise Sauce / Soya sauce
6) The chuck is found where on the cow?
- *Front (neck) / Mid (Sirloin) / Back (hind)
7) Which of these fruits were originally called Chinese Gooseberry?
- *Kiwi / Mango / Pomegranade
8) Agar is a gelatinous substance derived from what?
- Animal skin / *Seaweed / Sugar Cane
9) Sauerkraut is made from?
- Pickled cucumber / Chopped tomatoes / *Fermented cabbage
10) What color is Rhubarb?
- Green / Purple / *Red
11) In which restaurant would you typically find Sushi?
- Chinese / Korean / *Japanese
12) To refresh a vegetable, means to?
- Immerse it into warm water / to slightly steam / *immerse it into cold water
13) Kimchi is a Korean dish made of fermented?
- Fish / *Vegetables / Grain
14) A coconut is a?
- Nut / *Fruit / Vegetable
15) Raisins are dried?
- Dates / Plums / *Grapes
16) Prunes are dried?
- Dates / Grapes / *Plums
17) What is Hashi?
- A Japanese Fruit / An oriental stir-fry dish / *Chopsticks
18) In which restaurant would you typically find Tapas?
- Italian / *Spanish / German
19) What is the main ingredient of Tofu?
- Fish / *Soybeans / Cabbage
20) Dulce de Leche is prepared by heating?
- Yoghurt / Chocolate Sauce / *Sweetened Milk
21) Steak Tartare is a meat dish made from raw?
- Pork / Chicken / *Beef
22) In which country would you typically find Calzone?
- *Italian / Spanish / Polish
23) To blanch a vegetable, means to
- Slice it really thin / Fry it over low heat / *Boil & cool off quickly
24) Chicago-style pizzas are generally
- Thin crust / *Deep dish / Square
25) What is chocolate bloom?
- A type of sugar / the flower on the cocoa tree / *cocoa fat or sugar
26) To garnish a dish, means to?
- *Add final touches / to mix ingredients together / immerse into cold water
27) Calamari is fried?
- Fish / *Squid / Shrimp
28) Ratatouille is a?
- Poultry dish / Seafood dish / *Vegetarian dish
29) Chilli is a?
- *Fruit / Vegetable / 80's pop group
30) Venison is the meat from what animal?
- *Deer / Cow / Sheep
31) Bechamel sauce is also known as?
- Red sauce / yellow sauce / *white sauce
32) To proof dough means to?
- check if is the right consistency / knead in thoroughly / *allow it to rise
33) The sirloin is found where on the cow?
- front / *mid / back
34) Which of these chillies is the spiciest?
- Red savina pepper / Jalapeno pepper / *Naga Jolokia pepper
Miao Booktalks In KL, Penang & Singapore!
1 week ago